Preparing for an emergency
West Sonoma County Union High School District wants to ensure our staff, students, parents and greater community are prepared in the event of an emergency. Its important to create a plan and have measures in place to be prepared in the event of an emergency.
Here is an Emergency Supply Kit Checklist:
- Drinking water
- Non-perishable food, including baby and pet food
- Tools and utensils
- First aid kit
- Mobile phone and portable charger
- Medication and eyeglasses
- Blankets and clothing
- Children activities
- Cash and credit cards
- Important documents
Important Steps to Take:
- Make sure to update your information for outage alerts - Update your contact information at pge.com/mywildfirealerts so PGE can reach you in an emergency.
- Confirm your Emergency Exits from your home and establish a location where your family or roommates can reunite after evacuating.
- Plan for your pets by including them in practice drills and helping them get comfortable with a leash or carrier during stressful situations.
- Learn how to open your garage door manually in the event the door is unable to open automatically during an outage.
- Check your standby generator and ensure that it is working properly because it can help avoid damage to personal property and keep emergency first responders safe.
To learn more ways to keep you and your community safe, visit safetyactioncenter.pge.com